Chemical Vapor Deposition (CVD) Equipment Engineer
AUSTIN TX 73301
Specific Job Duties:
* This position is for an experienced CVD equipment engineer who can act as an individual and team contributor within the SAS 300mm facilities in Austin, TX.
* Identify gaps in expected KPI performance for multiple CVD equipment. Develop projects with schedules in order to close gaps. Produce results that are documented in professional, high quality reports demonstrating current state and desired state of equipment and results of the optimized condition. Conclusions are based on statistical analysis and reported with appropriate graphical representations.
* Respond to critical fab events that require containment speed and quick resolution to ensure minimal impact to product. Generate reports (such as 8D) illustrating root cause of incidents, corrective actions and future preventative measures.
* Take ownership of challenging and complex problems that require fundamental CVD equipment knowledge. Participate in task force teams that address fab-wide KPI for yield improvement, defect reduction, OEE improvement, and scrap reduction. Formulate ideas/experiments that can provide conclusions that will reveal a path forward for continuous improvement.
* Proficient in the use of Lean and statistical analysis practices.
* Provide the expert knowledge and judgment for change point management decisions.
* Train and mentor junior engineers and equipment technicians to spread knowledge and improve work efficiency and overall knowledge within group.
* Complete routine daily monitoring of processes/equipment performance and take action on trends that demonstrate abnormal behavior. Set the example for maintaining the CVD Team's high quality standards.
* Create and update SOPs to standardize work flows and improve working methods.
* Support technology node transfers and process spread across tools.
* Support cost reduction activities.
* The desired candidate will show a high degree of dedication to meeting deadlines while producing quality results.
* Must be able to adapt to changing business needs and demonstrate flexibility to change priorities as needed.
* Interface with Process Engineers, Equipment Technicians, and Manufacturing on a daily basis to set priorities and update project status and/or impact.
* Effective communication especially as priorities and circumstances change. Recognizes communication and task planning/passdowns are critical to maintaining a highly productive and team oriented environment.
* Respectfully challenge status quo, assumptions, conclusions or quality standards to ensure correct decisions are being made.
**Necessary Skills / Attributes**
* BS Engineering - Chem, Chem Engr, EE, Material Science, or Mechanical Engineering
* Min 3 - 5+ years of related experience
* Knowledge of FDC or data collection systems for the purpose of advanced equipment troubleshooting.
* Knowledge of advanced statistical methods.
* Basic meeting management skills.
* Project management skills.
* CVD Equipment Knowledge and Defect troubleshooting experience.
* Provides strong defect troubleshooting and particle tracing analysis.
* Equipment knowledge and capability on one or more CVD AMAT Producer SE/GT, Lam Express/Extreme/ASM MIR3000/Wonik equipment
* Knowledge of process and system improvement is required as part of sustaining and continuous improvement of CVD methods is critical part of Shift Engineering position.
* Provides technical leadership within the team.
* Communicates technical information to executive leadership outside of the department through presentations.
* Creates and evolves Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
* Reduces dynamic production bottlenecks.
Samsung Austin Semiconductor (SAS) is one of the most advanced semiconductor manufacturing facilities in the United States. SAS produces digital LSI logic components for tablets, smart phones, and other mobile devices. In August, 2012, SAS invested $4 billion to accommodate full System LSI production, bringing our total investment in Austin to more than $17 billion. With 2400 employees and 2.3M square feet of space, SAS is producing a full range of design rule devices. Since 1997, SAS has been at the forefront of manufacturing technology, enabling the world's digital devices to operate at their highest performance.
*Category:* Manufacturing Technology
*Full-Time/Part-Time:* Regular Full-Time
*Location:* , Austin Texas, Austin Texas, Austin Texas, Austin Texas