Photo Scanner Equipment Engineer
AUSTIN TX 73301
Summary / Overview:
* Preferred Photo Equipment experience: Scanner ASML / Stepper Samsung Austin Semiconductor incorporates the latest and most technologically advanced toolsets in the world. We are looking for a Photolithography engineer to oversee operations on these cutting-edge machines. This assignment will involve advanced troubleshooting and problem solving skills; working with lasers, servos, and robotics. Individuals must be highly motivated, self-starters and show achievements in highly dynamic and challenging situations. Specific Job Duties:
* Coordinate resources and maintenance activities to provide optimum manufacturing support on assigned equipment.
* Drive hard down and atypical tool recovery efforts with hands on engineering and maintenance activities.
* Coordinate equipment installation/de-installation projects as required.
* Assist other team members and areas when possible to help meet production goals.
* Innovate & Implement new techniques and systems, to improve defectivity, reduce cost, reduce stop loss, and improve overall tool quality and wafer outputs.
* Investigate, troubleshoot and provide technical solutions to equipment related yield problems.
* Support new device introduction, technology transfer from sister factories.
* Track and report availability, particle trends, maintenance success, and similar metrics for assigned equipment.
* Document and improve repair and standard work procedures.
* Understand concepts of cost of ownership, be able to make these costs visible, and to provide direction to the team for improvement.
* Champion overall team metrics encompassing multiple tools and drive actions to closure.
* Support 24x7 operations and serve as an escalation point for issues to act as a technical resource. Other responsibilities included:
* Develop and maintain tool metrics to analyze equipment performance and reliability.
* Oversee maintenance and repair of equipment to support production goals; plan PMs (priority scheduling, performance, documentation, reliability).
* Serve as team member on process-directed teams to represent equipment ownership on multiple tool sets.
* Develop and maintain cost of ownership and provide cost reduction opportunities.
* Technical ability to make engineering, data-based risk evaluations.
* Communicate information to senior leadership within and external to the department through presentations.
* Own/lead Total Productivity Maintenance tasks.
* Manage purchase orders for spare parts, equipment upgrades, and service.
* Maintain and Champion a 5S methodology. Well qualified individuals will show the ability to:
* Provide equipment redesign ideas to improve capabilities of existing equipment.
* Create training materials for standardized procedures and troubleshooting.
* Participate in complex machine failure modes, providing advanced troubleshooting Create value added opportunities for continuous innovations through equipment case studies and technical troubleshooting.
**Necessary Skills / Attributes**
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Software, Tools: (List MOST important requirements first. Then list soft skills and desired (but not required), experience.
* Judgment and Decision Making: Considers the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate solution
* Problem Solving: Identifies complex problems and reviews related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
* Time Management: Schedules and prioritizes time and activities to accomplish goals and meet deadlines
* Coordination: Gets members of a group to work together to accomplish tasks
* Teamwork and Communication: Works well in a team environment and effectively communicates throughout the department and organization
* Knowledge of semiconductor wafer fabrication processes.
* Knowledge of Photolithography tool troubleshooting and problem solving with a focus on ASML and or the Nikon Stepper / Scanner technology (preferred)
* Project Engineering/management skills.
* Advanced tool operation and maintenance experience focusing on proactive maintenance techniques.
* TPM knowledge and techniques. Education, Training, Certification(s) :
* 4 years of college in related field
* Requires 5+ years of related experience
Samsung Austin Semiconductor (SAS) is one of the most advanced semiconductor manufacturing facilities in the United States. SAS produces digital LSI logic components for tablets, smart phones, and other mobile devices. In August, 2012, SAS invested $4 billion to accommodate full System LSI production, bringing our total investment in Austin to more than $17 billion. With 2400 employees and 2.3M square feet of space, SAS is producing a full range of design rule devices. Since 1997, SAS has been at the forefront of manufacturing technology, enabling the world's digital devices to operate at their highest performance.
*Category:* Manufacturing Technology
*Full-Time/Part-Time:* Regular Full-Time
*Location:* , Austin Texas, Austin Texas, Austin Texas, Austin Texas