PCS Equipment Engineer (Scrubber Abatement)
AUSTIN TX 73301
Samsung Austin Semiconductor is in partnership with ManpowerGroup for their recruitment efforts. Please follow the link below to apply and a ManpowerGroup recruiter will connect with you on next steps The PCS team is responsible for the purchasing, installation, set-up, maintenance, improvement, and removal for the vacuum pumps (P), chillers and heat exchangers (C), and gas abatement scrubbers (S), used by the main process equipment for all groups. PCS maintains service contracts with our equipment OEM's, and those 8 vendors, ~100 people maintain the day-to-day operation and maintenance of our equipment. The responsibility of our Scrubber Engineer is to perform continuous improvement activities to improve the safety, cost, quality, and reliability of our ~750 POU abatement scrubbers. This is done through a combination of leveraging OEM engineering resources, as well as developing new and creative improvements based on your own ideas and experience. The PCS Scrubber Engineer's responsibilities include:
* Monitoring the daily operations logs of PCS Operations, and scrubber vendors to maintain awareness of scrubber issues, and develop improvement items in order of impact to company
* Develop, implement, and monitor key performance indicators for scrubber performance to pro-active identify and resolve any issues prior to impacting production
* Ensure quality operations by scrubber vendors through maintaining training methods, SOP's, issue investigation, development and implementation of countermeasures
* Manage monthly invoices including detailed review, and engage in needed warranty discussions
* Evaluate any equipment changes, and recommend to deny adoption and implementation
* Work with scrubber vendors to ensure all on-site vendor FSE's consistently meet expectations
* Coordination between engineering groups and auxiliary equipment vendors to complete scheduled and unscheduled maintenance tasks.
* Perform Quality Assurance inspections of others work.
* Be able to schedule and prioritize tasks with little or no supervision.
* Manage multiple large capital projects simultaneously, organizing many groups involved including scrubber vendors, PCS, Unit parts, manufacturing and facilities to complete projects without issue or delay.
**Necessary Skills / Attributes**
* Bachelor's of Science in Engineering or related field required
* At least 5 of related engineering experience
* Semiconductor or high volume manufacturing experience preferred
* Previous experience as equipment engineer, or with equipment ownership experience(R&M;) preferred
* Previous experience will gas abatement scrubber, or similar systems preferred
* Good understanding of chemistry, chemicals used in the semiconductor industry as it relates to safety and compatibility
* Position requires knowledge of engineering principles, good technical knowledge of electro/mechanical equipment, advanced knowledge of MS Excel and Power point, and experience learning new software.
* Must be able to effectively communicate both orally and written.
* Candidate should have working knowledge of mechanics, electronics, and chemistry.
* Ideal candidate would also possess experience in semiconductor equipment maintenance, and experience with abatement systems.
Samsung Austin Semiconductor (SAS) is one of the most advanced semiconductor manufacturing facilities in the United States. SAS produces digital LSI logic components for tablets, smart phones, and other mobile devices. In August, 2012, SAS invested $4 billion to accommodate full System LSI production, bringing our total investment in Austin to more than $17 billion. With 2400 employees and 2.3M square feet of space, SAS is producing a full range of design rule devices. Since 1997, SAS has been at the forefront of manufacturing technology, enabling the world's digital devices to operate at their highest performance.
*Category:* Manufacturing Technology
*Full-Time/Part-Time:* Regular Full-Time
*Location:* , Austin Texas, Austin Texas, Austin Texas, Austin Texas