Spinner Equipment Engineer
AUSTIN TX 73301
Specific Job Duties:
* Coordinate resources and maintenance activities to provide optimum manufacturing support on assigned equipment.
* Drive hard down and atypical tool recovery efforts with hands on engineering and maintenance activities.
* Coordinate equipment installation/de-installation projects as required.
* Assist other team members and areas when possible to help meet production goals.
* Innovate & Implement new techniques and systems, to improve defectivity, reduce cost, reduce stop loss, and improve overall tool quality and wafer outputs.
* Investigate, troubleshoot and provide technical solutions to equipment related yield problems.
* Support new device introduction, technology transfer from sister factories.
* Track and report availability, particle trends, maintenance success, and similar metrics for assigned equipment.
* Document and improve repair and standard work procedures.
* Understand concepts of cost of ownership, be able to make these costs visible, and to provide direction to the team for improvement.
* Analyze tool performance data, including availability, mean time to repair, and mean time between failures
**Necessary Skills / Attributes**
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Software, Tools: Judgment and Decision Making: Considers the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate solution
* Problem Solving: Identifies complex problems and reviews related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
* Time Management: Schedules and prioritizes time and activities to accomplish goals and meet deadlines
* Coordination: Gets members of a group to work together to accomplish tasks
* Teamwork and Communication: Works well in a team environment and effectively communicates throughout the department and organization
* Experience on one or more of the following types of equipment: TEL Lithius, Lithius Pro, Lithius ProV, Act12. Act 8
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Positive attitude and work ethic.
* Proficient with data analysis tools, such as complex spreadsheets
* Able to learn concepts quickly and provide training for technicians on all shifts as needed
* Strong technical capability in both mechanical and electrical systems.
* Flexibility and adaptability to work well within a team or independently under minimal supervision as conditions require.
* Familiarity with SPC, FMEA, and standard engineering practices.
* Strong communication and team building skills.
* Ability to prepare and present reports of a technical nature.
* Understanding of semiconductor wafer processing fundamentals Education, Training, Certification(s) 4 years of college in related field
* Requires 2+ years of related experience
Samsung Austin Semiconductor (SAS) is one of the most advanced semiconductor manufacturing facilities in the United States. SAS produces digital LSI logic components for tablets, smart phones, and other mobile devices. In August, 2012, SAS invested $4 billion to accommodate full System LSI production, bringing our total investment in Austin to more than $17 billion. With 2400 employees and 2.3M square feet of space, SAS is producing a full range of design rule devices. Since 1997, SAS has been at the forefront of manufacturing technology, enabling the world's digital devices to operate at their highest performance.
*Category:* Manufacturing Technology
*Full-Time/Part-Time:* Regular Full-Time
*Location:* , Austin Texas, Austin Texas, Austin Texas, Austin Texas